Sunday, July 16, 2023

Dig Dug Review

 (Originally published to Glitchwave on 7/14/2023)












[Image from giantbomb.com]


Dig Dug

Developer: Namco

Publisher: Namco

Genre(s): Action

Platforms: Arcade, Atari-2600

Release Date: April 19, 1982


An arcade classic whose legacy has always been undermined compared to Pac-Man and its other Namco brethren. It’s amusing to me that this is how history has played out because I always preferred it to the game with the gluttonous glob of sliced cheese that ranks among the highest echelons of video game icons. Why? I’m not entirely sure, since all of the second-generation arcade games could only hold my attention for so long until I nodded off into space, Dig Dug included (I know, I’m spoiled). Maybe it’s because injecting a pump into your enemies and inflating them to the point where they burst is the most gangster shit I’ve ever seen.

Take that, Tommy Vercetti, Carl Johnson, and every other Grand Theft Auto protagonist. Don’t fuck with Dig Dug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Theft Auto IV Review

 (Originally published to Glitchwave on 5/3/2024) [Image from glitchwave.com ] Grand Theft Auto IV Developer: Rockstar Publisher: Rockstar G...